- Try your hardest to create your exemplar using the same equipment that made the original recording. Phone = Phone. CI Digital = Digital Olympus.
- When creating your exemplar, have a third party non-biased impartial witness to confirm your identity. That way, your voice sample will not be challenged.
- Make a transcript of your original recording to use when creating your exemplar. That way, you will have a written version of the recording to refer to.
- When creating your voice sample or exemplar, you do not have to record the entire conversation. Rather, record the portions that contain unique dialogue or dialect.
- Ask your suspect to be natural and cooperate when creating your exemplar. They shouldn’t try to disguise their voice. Audio forensic experts can work around an attempted disguise.
photo credit: Olympus LS-20M via vecteezy (license)