In the last 24 hours I have received several calls asking my opinion about the voice screaming for help in the background of a 911 call by a woman who heard gunshots outside her home. I was emailed a link to Mother Jones (http://motherjones.com/politics/2012/03/what-happened-trayvon-martin-explained#transcript) and listened to the recordings which I have posted below from AudioBoo.com (http://audioboo.fm/boos/717346-911-call-screaming-and-gunshots-audible)
911 call with male screaming in background asking for help. Who is the male?
George Zimmerman calling authorities
The male voice in the background can be identified. If I were to conduct a formal voice identification test, here are the steps I would take:
1. Remove the samples of the screaming from the 911 call and isolate them in a digital audio file. Remove background noise and raise the volume of the male screams.
2. Remove portions of George Zimmerman’s voice from the 911 call to serve as an exemplar.
3. Edit both speech samples back to back and compare
4. Ask for a speech exemplar from George Zimmerman screaming for help
5. Conduct a voice identification test.
Do you believe the voice screaming is George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin or another male?
For more on Voice Identification, check out Ed Primeau’s latest book, “That’s Not My Voice!” available on Amazon.